From Paris, France. “Founded by guitarist Perversifier aka Amfortas in 1994 with a clear vision to keep the black metal flame burning as an act of aesthetic terrorism – as adamantly based in the underground as opposed to any attempts to co-opt, commercialise or turn the style into a self-parody” – Bio @ Season of Mist
“Merrimack means infinite depth/abyss, taken from a Graham Masterton book, where it refers to a great marine chasm swallowing up every human travelling near its borders, as explained by Perversifier in an interview”
Fantastic gig!! I saw MERRIMACK in 2010 at Party.San with a very young Vestal. Met Perversifier himself when he was talking to a friend of mine and just had to ask if the front guy was still the same. He told me that the PSOA gig was one of the first live with Vestal. Maybe even THE first.
13 years and counting and the guy was absolutely furious and brilliant. Stayed around for most of the set. Good stuff and convincing even in full sunlight.
Something about the French bands…so many cool ones.
Band: Perversifier Guitars Daethorn Bass A.K. Guitars Vestal Vocals Blastum Drums
– Latest album: Omegaphilia Full-length 2017
– Current label: Season of Mist Underground Activists
– Mortuus (Marduk, Funeral Mist) did some (additional) guest vocals on the 2012 album “The Acausal Mass” (Abortion Light)
– The drummer Blastum is also live drummer for Osculum Infame, one of my favourite bands @ the last years festival!
– Interview w. Perversifier @ thisisblackmetal.com 2019
[Live clips below by Tales From The Frontline & Gronn Onland. Check out their channels!]
- Tag Archives Merrimack